While regular popsicles aren’t a great option for your pup, you can easily make a dog-friendly version of this classic summertime treat. All you need are a few simple ingredients and a mold. Then your dog can enjoy a tasty treat that helps keep him cool during these hot summer days.
Apple Honey Pupsicle
- 12 ounces nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ cup applesauce
- Treat of choice to use as a “stick” (e.g., carrot stick, rawhide bone, bone-shaped dog treat)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Using a food processor or small blender may be easiest.
2. Pour into molds and let freeze for about 30 minutes.
3. Now that the pupsicles have started to set, insert your “stick” into the bottom of each pupsicle.
4. Return to freezer until solid, about 8 hours.
Plus, pupsicles can be made with just about anything, as long as all of the foods are dog-friendly. Maybe try a banana peanut butter mixture? Or your pup’s favorite fruit? The possibilities are endless!